The Board of the International Conference on Performance Measurement in Libraries are delighted to be able to offer a travel award scheme to support diversity among conference attendees, for a richer and more dynamic conference experience for all. The award is available to students or new professionals in underrepresented groups in the library community who would otherwise not have had the opportunity to attend the conference.
Benefits of attending the conference include
- Hearing about the latest developments in all aspects of performance and measurement in library and information services from a host of international speakers.
- Networking with the leading practitioners, researchers and educators in the field.
- Obtaining international perspectives on your work and hearing how new approaches could be explored or applied to your workplace or research.
The Travel Award will provide economy class return travel to the conference up to the value of £500, plus the full delegate fees to attend the conference, including:
- Full attendance on all three days of the conference including lunch and refreshments.
- Conference Reception on Tuesday evening.
- Gala Dinner on Wednesday evening.
- Accommodation at Fferm Penglais on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night.
- Breakfast on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Free shuttle bus between accommodation and main campus.
- Free shuttle bus to Conference Reception and Gala Dinner.
- Complementary access to the University Sports Centre with its state of the art gym and swimming pool.
- Free parking and Wi-Fi on campus and accommodation.
Criteria for eligibility
Applications are welcomed from students or new professionals from underrepresented population groups in the library community who have not previously had the opportunity, and do not have the means to attend an International conference such as LibPMC.
You will need to demonstrate your interest in library assessment initiatives; evidenced by registration for appropriate courses in postgraduate programmes and/or participation in assessment initiatives in the workplace.
To apply, please send a statement of interest of no more than 500 words explaining how attending the conference supports your learning and development goals; and how you met the eligibility criteria to Bursary@libraryperformance.org. Applications will close on 24 February 2019 at 12 noon GMT, successful applicants will be notified by 15 March 2019.
Terms and Conditions
The successful awardees are required to share their experiences of the conference through a 1,500 word written and/or a video report which will be posted on the conference website by September 30th 2019. They will also be expected to submit a report to the organisers after the conference by the 31st of October 2019 describing their experience and providing constructive suggestion on how the conference can improved.
Successful awardees will need to make their own travel arrangements. Awardees will be expected to pay for any additional accommodation and meals above what is included in the delegate fee. Expenses with valid receipts only will be reimbursed after the event. Please contact email@example.com if you would like further information now on how the expense process will work.